There was an update yesterday, 4/27, on what the earliest is for us to return to soccer and we wanted to share with you.
Yesterday, US Soccer, the governing body for Twin Cities Soccer League (TCSL), announced the extension of the soccer suspension through May 18th. Previously they communicated May 1st. US Soccer stated that their hope is to turn the return to soccer decision making over to the local leagues on May 18th. Again this is subject to change.
TCSL released an update after this announcement recognizing the extension to the suspension of play until May 18th and understanding the suggestion that on May18th it would be up to the local leagues to follow local health and safety recommendations for return to play.
TCSL continues to monitor the situation and with last week’s announcement on schools staying with distance learning for the remainder of the school year, is looking for guidance from the governor on the impact of summer activities.
US Soccer has extended the suspension of play through May18th at which time they hope to hand the return to play decisions over to the local leagues including our league, TCSL. TCSL is working with the governor’s office to understand guidance with respect to summer activities.
As we communicated previously, since no decision has been made about the summer season, and TCSL still has plans in place for the summer season, we are limited in our ability to communicate any plans about our response. We appreciate your understanding as this continues to unfold.
Please be patient as we continue to get updates and work on scenario planning. As we receive updates and get information from the governing bodies we will continue to update you.
Thank you all for your continued patience and support as we work through this together.
LUFC Parents and Players,
In accordance with the Governor’s Stay at Home executive order and US Club Soccer mandates, all LUFC soccer activities will continue to be suspended until May 4, 2020.
We know that there are a lot of questions and we are still working on what the Summer soccer season may look like as far as scheduling practices and games. Player safety is our utmost priority and we will continue to work alongside our partners, including Blaine Soccer Club, Twin Cities Soccer League and US Club Soccer, to make future decisions. This is an ever-changing and dynamic time so as soon as we have something to report we will update you.
It is through many difficult conversations and the trajectory of the pandemic still unknown our partner, Blaine Soccer, has made the decision to furlough most of their coaches, which also impacts LUFC, until further notice. Over the next few weeks we will continue to assess the situation and if the outlook of the pandemic’s trajectory is positive, we have every intention of rapidly rehiring coaches and staff so that players and families can best enjoy the summer soccer season back out on the field. Additionally, we are applying for funds through the Payroll Protection Program that will further support our club and coaches in the short term. However, it is not clear if or when we would be eligible to receive assistance.
We will continue to send out at-home training plans each week. With the shortened training window ahead for the upcoming season, it will be important for the players to do all they can to work on their fitness levels and technical skill set so they can build confidence with the ball. This will help everyone make the most out of this season once it finally arrives.
Please stay healthy, safe and at home. We miss our coaches, players and parents and we cannot wait for soccer to start again... just like you. Let’s all do what we need to do so we can be out on the pitch as soon as possible.
If you have any questions pertaining to your team, please contact
LUFC Board of Directors
As you may have guessed our season has been pushed back to April 12th at the earliest. Here is the US Club Soccer page for more information. We are working closely with other clubs and the league during this situation. As more information becomes available we will update you.
LUFC Families, Coaches & Staff Members,
As we mentioned earlier this afternoon with the events surrounding the COVID-19 virus and the fluidity of the situation we have been monitoring our partner club and other surrounding clubs. After fully reviewing all information and potential scenarios we have decided that it is in the best interest of our members and players to suspend all training, scrimmages, games (including NSC 6v6) and other events for everyone effective immediately until April 5th.
Please note that this decision has not been made due to any potentially positive tests of COVID-19 or exposure by any member or player of our club. We are simply putting the health and well-being of all players, family members, coaches and other individuals as a top priority with this preventive measure.
We will make sure to update everyone as we move forward and navigate through this situation. We apologize for any confusion and appreciate everyone’s patience as we communicate these updates and suspension of play today. We certainly hope everyone understands we take your health and well-being with the utmost importance.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to any of the staff members listed below.
Jake Borash - email@example.com
Josh Kopp - firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Haggerty - email@example.com
Serving Forest Lake, Lindstrom, North Branch and the surrounding areas
Click the Icon below for the Official Lakes United FC Instagram Feed!