WHAT IS SATURDAY FREE PLAY?
Our Saturday free play is for our competitive member players to show up and play in a fun stress free environment. No technical or tactical instruction is given by our trainer(s)/coaches as the intention is to provide a creative and fun small-sided playing atmosphere.
While there is no coaching and we want kids playing you will likely see some pointers given, otherwise it is simply playing. Again, the intention is for the players and providing them a fun, stress free learning and discovery atmosphere.
- Times are single or mixed age groups and mostly mixed genders based on age appropriate play.
- We form anywhere from 3v3 - 5v5 teams every Saturday based on who attends to play in small sided games focusing on lots of touches in a small area to hone players technical skills. Some days if numbers are small there is 2v2 play.
- Sessions that do not have enough players marked as going in their TeamSnap are subject to cancellation. It is imperative to mark your availability!
- TIME SLOTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE based on consistent attendance and what works for the competitive balance of most.
WHO CAN ATTEND
- All U13 & younger competitive players registered for the current year at their age group.
- Your time is listed on your team’s TeamSnap for Spring/Summer teams.
- If you ARE NOT currently registered for competitive soccer with Lakes United FC you can still get registered for a competitive team.
WHAT TO BRING
- Water, shin guards, training tops & soccer shoes (cleats, indoor or flats)
- NO SOCCER BALLS, futsals are provided at the Lakes United Training Facility and are the only acceptable ball to be utilized in the facility
- While the facility is heated it does get cool in the winter months.
We have a temporary unit brought to the site and is outside for use. There are no indoor bathroom facilities.